Jonathan offers advice and advocacy in regulatory enforcement action and criminal and civil investigations brought by a wide range of domestic and offshore law enforcement agencies including:
- Competition and Markets Authority (CMA)
- Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- Department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Environment Agency (EA)
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Food Standards Agency (FSA)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC)
- Insolvency Service (INSS)
- Local Authorities
- Marine Management Organisation (MMO)
- National Crime Agency (NCA)
- National Trading Standards Estate Agency Team (NTSEAT)
- Office of Communications (Ofcom)
- Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation (OFSI)
- Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem)
- Office of Rail and Road (ORR)
- Serious Fraud Office (SFO)
- Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA)
- Trading Standards
Defending he advises on regulatory compliance, responding to regulatory, criminal and civil investigations and the management of related issues.
His health and safety practice often leads to his instruction in inquests.
He has extensive experience of both prosecuting and defending private prosecutions, including the management of parallel civil proceedings. Jonathan has a long established reputation for Proceeds of Crime Act work, including an expertise in money laundering, restraint, confiscation and forfeiture.
The Business Sector pages give you a flavour of the issues with which Jonathan has helped and the range of industries in which those issues have arisen.